Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obi cloth on character not detecting collisions with obi collider objects
(10-02-2018, 10:53 PM)josemendez Wrote: There's a couple issues here:

If your skin constraints are telling the cloth to not penetrate the skinned pose, and the collision constraints are telling the cloth to not penetrate the floor, then it is impossible to meet both constraints at once. You have no control over this, as neither result (over the floor/under the floor) is globally correct. This is why once the character gets up and back down, particles sink into the collider once more: the skin constraints tell them to, as otherwise they would penetrate the character's knees.

Your floor seems to be very thin, and since particles start on the "wrong" side of the floor, they will stay there during the simulation. They have no way of knowing which side of the collider you regard as the "good" side, so they will just try to stay in the side they start out. Once you increase the thickness of the collider, particles on the top side will just raise higher, and particles on the bottom side will sink further as you can see in your own image.

I'd simply make the floor way thicker, so that particles start out inside the floor and get projected up.

Thanks again for your quick response. Increasing the thickness did help a little. I've attached a gif to show you how it continues to penetrate the surface albeit less than before. I think as you stated it is an issue with the skin and collision constraints conflicting. However I changed the skin radius to 0 which means it should be able to go right up against the mesh, right? It seems to begin penetrating long before it hits the skin constraints.

[Image: iszA6nk.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Obi cloth on character not detecting collisions with obi collider objects - by a12345 - 10-02-2018, 11:18 PM