Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obi cloth on character not detecting collisions with obi collider objects
(10-02-2018, 07:36 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there!

Make sure that the collider is in one of the layers checked for collisions by the ObiSolver, and that it is in a different collision phase than the cloth's particles. Most probably your collider is set up in a different layer. See:

http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...sions.html

Thanks for your response. I've checked the layers in my own scene and they are set correctly. The white surface in the image below has an obi collider on the default layer. The skirt with the debug particles has a solver that detects collisions on the default layer. The phases are different as well.

When I start my scene, the character is in this kneeling position and the dress is already below the surface of the floor collider. Do you think this is the issue?

At first I thought this might be the issue, but then my character gets up and kneels back down and the dress again penetrates the surface. I know the colliders are working as adjusting the thickness distorts the particles, but that still doesn't prevent the particles that were initially below the surface from falling back through when the character kneels again.

[Image: WnloXiC.png]

Cloth reacting to change in thickness of collider:

[Image: x9cVMNM.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Obi cloth on character not detecting collisions with obi collider objects - by a12345 - 10-02-2018, 09:54 PM