Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Teleport attachment to the transform target
(02-03-2022, 01:51 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi!

Not sure I understand your question. You mention "control point" instead of particles (control points are a concept that only exists in blueprints, as they are simply a construct to help define a path. At runtime all you deal with are particles, control points don't exist).

So I'm going to assume you want to do this when generating a rope blueprint programmatically:

When you call blueprint.path.AddControlPoint(); just pass in the position you want to place the control point at. Note that AddControlPoint() expects data in the rope's local space, so if you have a position expressed in the attached object's local space you will have to convert it:

object's local space-->world space-->rope's local space.

You can do this with Unity's TransformPoint/InverseTransformPoint functions.

let me know if I can be of further help.

Indeed I am confused between the control point and the particles... Sorry for that ^^
With your remark, I was indeed talking about particles and not about control point. Therefore I rewrite my question : my blueprint is already made and I want to edit the particles positions in runtime and make them teleport to attached transform. Is it more clear ?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Teleport attachment to the transform target - by lufydad - 02-03-2022, 02:04 PM