Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Rope is still too stretchy
(30-12-2021, 07:16 PM)josemendez Wrote: Just use more substeps for your updater component. Note that *zero* compliance is impossible to achieve in any realtime
iterative physics engine though. You can get arbitrarily close to zero by using more substeps/iterations. 
Make sure you’re not rotating the solver when rotating the boom. Simulation takes place in solver space, so rotating the solver will rotate any actors on it and any external forces/accelerations such as gravity.
If I increase the substeps beyond 8 or so the hook begins to flicker and jump spastically on any movement of the crane/boom. Obi colliders are set to "nothing" so i dont think that is teh cause

The mass of the rigidbody is 10. I have tried multiple values.

I did move the solver out of the hierarchy of the boom but I had already done that when i took the second screen shot.

If I can figure out how to change the anchor positions of a character joint I may have to use that method instead and just use the obi ropes as decorative elements that don't actually "lift" the hook object, physically. However I really don't want to have to do that if i can avoid it.

Messages In This Thread
Rope is still too stretchy - by rsauchuck - 30-12-2021, 06:20 PM
RE: Rope is still too stretchy - by josemendez - 30-12-2021, 07:16 PM
RE: Rope is still too stretchy - by rsauchuck - 30-12-2021, 11:53 PM
RE: Rope is still too stretchy - by josemendez - 31-12-2021, 01:17 AM