Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  DllNotFoundException after migrating 2020 Win to 2021 Mac
(12-11-2021, 08:48 AM)josemendez Wrote: Everything looks fine! Upon further research, looks like the M1 processor is not backwards compatible with Intel architectures at a hardware level, Apple is using a binary translator (Rosetta 2) to allow binaries compiled for Intel to run on the M1. This might be the culprit since Unity libs might not be correctly translated (or at all) will have to test the precompiled libraries and see if they run on the M1, if they don't, I will have to recompile the libs for M1.

In the meantime you can switch to the Burst backend (which should be used when possible anyway), that will solve the issue as it does not require precompiled libs.
See: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...kends.html

Alright, thanks for your effort.

Actually I already set Burst as the backend to use. I do see the warning that it depends on the 4 packages though. Is the warning only visible when a package is missing? I tried to look them up in the package manager, but I could only find Burst and Mathematics. Collections and Jobs don't show up. Neither in the Unity Registry nor in the Built In category.

Compilation on Jobs is enabled and Safety Checks is disabled. I don't have the Leak Detection and JobsDebugger menu points.

Messages In This Thread
RE: DllNotFoundException after migrating 2020 Win to 2021 Mac - by fishing-rod - 12-11-2021, 09:08 AM