Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Simple Winch
Hi,
As I have read on this forum, obi rope is average for winches, because making it stiff requires a lot of calculations. Obi is more suitable in this case to use to draw a rope. I'm trying to do that too, just having some obi problems and need some help.
In my case obi is supposed to be a visualization but behave like a normal rope, i.e. fall to the ground, react with colliders, and change its length dynamically as the winch unfolds / winds up. But I ran into a few problems:
1.I don't know how to make the obi only 30cm long. Can it be so short? When I tried to do it, it got longer, or else
she made a lot of turns.
2.if the solver can be in the vehicle hierarchy, and some script would only adjust its rotation to be 0.0.0 (this is for the clear hierarchy)
3. i want that rope does not affect the hook or the vehicle at all 
4. if it was stretched more, e.g. 40m, and stretched, the center of the rope did not fly around.

In fact, despite a few days of trying, the only thing I managed to achieve is to change its length and learn a little how it works at all. The examples provided by the package are more advanced than what I need and this is probably the problem.

What do I expect in response to these questions, as I would not like to ask a million other questions ...
a description of why it is impossible or if it is possible and how to achieve the things I asked about or how I can get around these problems
The best solution would be an example in the project, i.e. a short rope, grabs the end and unfolds, when I return to the source it does not curl but falls to the ground, the button causes the winding to occur. It doesn't even have to be influenced by physics on an object.

greetings

Messages In This Thread
Simple Winch - by gozda - 02-07-2021, 06:59 AM
RE: Simple Winch - by josemendez - 02-07-2021, 10:54 AM