Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rope is not stable
(05-11-2020, 12:47 PM)josemendez Wrote: Make sure you're not attaching the rope inside a collider. This will always cause instabilities, because the rope can't be simultaneously inside and outside a collider. See the last bit of: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...aints.html

There's not much involved in this. Attachments have a public "target" property that can you can get/set. So:
Code:
attachment.target = //your target transform here

I will try and comment the result later on. Thank you. And I forgot to tell, I assign the target but I am not able to assign the end or the start point as a particle group. In the blueprint, those points do exist and I have them on my code. I have "start" and "end" as suggested on the official documentation. But I cant assign them by code so the Obi Particle Attachment doesn't work as expected.

One more question, how can I set the rope length when I move those points closer to each other? It works fine when I move the point away from the other one and it adjusts itself to the new distance but it doesnt quite work that way when the opposite. In my situation, I use a code based approach so it would be nice to have an at least pseudo-code for that.

Messages In This Thread
Rope is not stable - by canerozdemir - 05-11-2020, 12:37 PM
RE: Rope is not stable - by josemendez - 05-11-2020, 12:47 PM
RE: Rope is not stable - by canerozdemir - 05-11-2020, 01:01 PM
RE: Rope is not stable - by josemendez - 05-11-2020, 01:09 PM
RE: Rope is not stable - by canerozdemir - 05-11-2020, 01:17 PM
RE: Rope is not stable - by josemendez - 05-11-2020, 01:23 PM
RE: Rope is not stable - by canerozdemir - 05-11-2020, 01:26 PM