Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Softbody doesn't collide with some triangles in mesh since 5.5
(21-09-2020, 07:36 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi Matts,

Will take a look at it asap and get back to you. Keep in mind that for most purposes, using distance fields is both faster and much more robust than using MeshColliders though, as MeshColliders are very prone to tunneling. Always avoid MeshColliders when possible.

Thanks!

These are dynamically created meshes so creating distance fields, at least in the development stage, is a bit more involved than just attaching an obi collider and mesh collider component to the object. For release though I will definitely be using distance fields!

Did you get anywhere with your investigation? This definitely isn't a case of tunnelling as speed doesn't matter, it just doesn't seem to generate contacts against certain polygons in the mesh. Anecdotally it seems to be the first or last polygon in the mesh, so maybe something in the way I've generated the mesh is wrong? Also, these are deliberately not convex meshes even though the simplified one I provided technically could be.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Softbody doesn't collide with some triangles in mesh since 5.5 - by MattS - 25-09-2020, 10:19 AM