Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Reposition in script and setup
(13-12-2019, 10:58 AM)LORDeveloper Wrote: I have object that need a rope to hook a load to move. I have to have the red circle in different position too.

In A,

If I change the position of the red circle, sometimes the rope stays there hanging the load. Is there anyway to update/reset, so it definitely follow the red circle? There are other time where it does follow, but the rope is swinging a lot. Is there any function to call that stop the swinging? It is just for a reset only.

In B,

If I have both of the them being fixed, the load just drops immediately, I don't know which way is the right way to set the joints up. Any suggestion?

Thanks.

Assuming you're using Obi 5.0: Attach the rope to the red circle using a static attachment, and attach it to the box using a dynamic attachment (since you need two-way coupling between the blue box and the rope!)

Also, make sure you move the circle during FixedUpdate(), or you'll experience a 1-frame delay. Physics are always (expect in special cases) updated in FixedUpdate(), not Update() or LateUpdate().

To make the rope swing less, increase the solver's damping.

Messages In This Thread
Reposition in script and setup - by LORDeveloper - 13-12-2019, 10:58 AM
RE: Reposition in script and setup - by josemendez - 13-12-2019, 11:16 AM