Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any way to use volume constraints on a character
(23-04-2021, 11:25 AM)Hakazaba Wrote: I have good news and bad news.

Changing the normals along the seam between the baloon and the body in blender, and changing the settings to not change normal, removes the seam entirely.

The bad news is, the Obi Proxy has no option to turn off changing normals. So even if both the master or the slave would have perfect normals by themselves, using the proxy ruins the normals at the edge

I tried editing the proxy script to only change position, however even with that i noticed a tiiiiiny seam open up in the chest, where the verts between high res and low res proxy should be in exactly the same position

[Image: c1a79e072dcbf15cd656097509b9ce5d.png]

Do you have any advice to get that pinned vert to stay exactly where it should be when using a proxy? Perhaps a tweak i could make to the proxy script?

It's hard to figure this out just by looking at the image of the seam, but will do my best.

Proxies work by choosing the nearest master triangle for each slave vertex, and calculating the vertex's barycentric coordinates and elevation along the interpolated triangle normal. Then when the master triangles move around, the slave vertices are positioned using the coordinates calculated when they were bound to each other.

This means that even if you only change the position (not the normal) as long as one of the vertices in the master triangle moves, the slave vertices bound to it will also move, even if it's only a little bit.

This could be solved by having some master triangles near the seam completely attached. That would prevent them from moving at all, and hopefully remove that tiny gap.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any way to use volume constraints on a character - by josemendez - 23-04-2021, 12:47 PM