Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  How to build a goal net mesh to use with Obi?
(22-04-2021, 07:36 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

I mixed up the meanings of bounciness and stretchiness in your previous post: increasing the amount of substeps will make the cloth less stretchy (less saggy, more tense) but will actually make it more bouncy, because it preserves energy more efficiently. This makes the cloth behave more like a trampoline, and the ball will bounce back from it.

You probably want to increase the max bending parameter in the bending constraints, and also increase max compression in the distance constraints (both parameters can be found in the ObiCloth component). The first will have the effect of allowing the net to bend more easily (so that it is less like steel wire and more like cotton), and the second will allow some compression of the fibers (since nets compress and crumple very easily, unlike tight-woven fabric). See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...aints.html
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...aints.html

You can change the mass on a per-particle basis in the blueprint editor. You have a dropdown menu that lets you choose which particle property you're editing: (mass, radius, phase or color). You can either select particles and set their value directly, or you can use the paint tool to paint values on the surface of the mesh.

I believe the default is 0.1 per particle, which is too little in this case. I'd try using 0.2-0.3. The higher the mass of the cloth, the easier it will be for it to stop a fast moving, heavier ball.

Well, many thanks man. 

After tweaking the parameters you recommended I've got a satisfactory result. This physics part is hard to adjust IMO, I have problems to tweak Unity's physics materials for instance, but with Obi plus your direct help I finally got some results. I end up adding an Obi's collision material on the net too, this is my final result (for now anyway):

I'll write my review on Asset Store to help you and your product a little more...

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to build a goal net mesh to use with Obi? - by gabrimo - 22-04-2021, 10:27 PM