Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  How to build a goal net mesh to use with Obi?
(21-04-2021, 02:40 PM)gabrimo Wrote: So after configure a basic cloth and add some particle attachments my net is ready. But I'm facing two problems now.

Firstly, the net is too bouncy. After re-read some of the documentation, I find that part where it says that increasing substebs and constraints iterations should help with that, but after a few attempts the situation still happening.

3-4 substeps should remove any stretching from most cloth. Can you share a video of this issue?

(21-04-2021, 02:40 PM)gabrimo Wrote: The other issue I'm facing is regarding the collision, on powerful shots, the collision is registered (at least partially), but the ball passes through the net.

What's the mass of the ball, and the mass of each particle in the net? Large mass ratios can make it difficult for the cloth to stop a fast, comparatively heavy rigidbody (as it has a lot of momentum), even if collisions are properly detected.

(21-04-2021, 02:40 PM)gabrimo Wrote: I tried to play around with substeps too and manage to solve that problem adding around 10 subteps, but with this value, sometimes the scene runs normally, sometimes seems that my PC is struggling, which indicates performance problems.

The way you describe it really sounds like death spiraling. This is what happens when the cost of the simulation forces Unity to call FixedUpdate() multiple times per frame. Anyway, 10 substeps is way too much, 4 substeps should be enough for most purposes.

(21-04-2021, 02:40 PM)gabrimo Wrote: My net has around 500 faces, totalizing 591 particles, not sure if I should lower this to improve performance and collision detection.

Sounds reasonable to me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to build a goal net mesh to use with Obi? - by josemendez - 21-04-2021, 03:07 PM