Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  How to build a goal net mesh to use with Obi?
So after configure a basic cloth and add some particle attachments my net is ready. But I'm facing two problems now.

Firstly, the net is too bouncy. After re-read some of the documentation, I find that part where it says that increasing substebs and constraints iterations should help with that, but after a few attempts the situation still happening.

The other issue I'm facing is regarding the collision, on powerful shots, the collision is registered (at least partially), but the ball passes through the net. I tried to play around with substeps too and manage to solve that problem adding around 10 subteps, but with this value, sometimes the scene runs normally, sometimes seems that my PC is struggling, which indicates performance problems.

My constraints evaluation and relaxation are with standard values. Some constraints are with their values altered while others are with standard values too. I'm using just one ball with Obi sphere collider and the net object has surface collisions enabled. Lastly, I'm not using any obi collision material for now, not sure if this would help with my problems.

My net has around 500 faces, totalizing 591 particles, not sure if I should lower this to improve performance and collision detection.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to build a goal net mesh to use with Obi? - by gabrimo - 21-04-2021, 02:40 PM