Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's just a phase, mom!
(22-03-2021, 12:01 PM)the-lander Wrote: Thank you for the useful info!

Adjusting the mass won't do the trick though - massive player just squishes lighter opponents

Here are two videos.
Ground has all frictions set to 1 and combined friction is set to maximum
Both Player and the Sheep have all frictions set to 0 and minimum. 
Ship has 139 particles and Player has 50.

In the first video mass of every particle of the ship is set to 1. In the second one - to 0.1
Third video is a solid sphere collider attached as a child of a player. The desired effect I'm trying to achieve. If I make the sphere the size of the Player, with applied torque player stretches and sticks through the sphere. Making the sphere bigger looks unnatural. I might just end up painting it into a forcefield in the end and calling this a feature )

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing

Setting collision material to None does nothing new.

Could it be that particles from both softbodies are locking into each other (similar to gears?), and this allows the player to climb on top?.

You can tell if this is the case by using a ObiParticleRenderer to debug particles, then maybe going frame by frame to see what happens when they contact each other. *If* this is the case, increasing particle radius and/or allowing for more particle overlap will solve this. I can't think of any other reason for spherical softbodies to act like this in the absence of friction.

Messages In This Thread
It's just a phase, mom! - by the-lander - 21-03-2021, 02:44 PM
RE: It's just a phase, mom! - by josemendez - 22-03-2021, 10:35 AM
RE: It's just a phase, mom! - by the-lander - 22-03-2021, 12:01 PM
RE: It's just a phase, mom! - by josemendez - 23-03-2021, 09:16 AM
RE: It's just a phase, mom! - by the-lander - 24-03-2021, 08:54 PM
RE: It's just a phase, mom! - by josemendez - 25-03-2021, 08:37 AM
RE: It's just a phase, mom! - by the-lander - 26-03-2021, 08:50 PM