Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  Cloth lagging behind based on depth in higherarchy
(04-01-2021, 11:03 AM)zagoalie Wrote: I did just find something interesting, if I have it in the none working position, then I turn the obi late updated off and on again, it starts working fine. 

https://i.gyazo.com/8e5024e0997a0f9e0df6...981716.mp4

the ss player does not start the scene inside the obi solver, it is spawned into it at runtime, could that be effecting it somehow? is their a particular presidure needed to make sure the solver connects to the cloth when adding a cloth to a solver at run time?

Actors look for and connect to the first solver up their hierarchy when:

- The actor's OnEnable() is called.
- The actor's OnTransformParentChanged() is called (reparented to a new transform).
- The actor's blueprint is re-generated.

Actors won't look for a solver every frame as that would not be performant. If you remove/destroy a solver and then add a new solver up the hierarchy, the actor will lose its reference to its former solver. Only once you reparent/re-enable/re-generate the actor, it will connect to the new solver, if any.

As long as the "ssplayer" has its OnEnable() method called when spawned, or you re-parent it under a solver after spawning it, there should be no problem.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cloth lagging behind based on depth in higherarchy - by josemendez - 04-01-2021, 11:18 AM