Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Help  Obi Rope Contraint Settings buggy
#1
Hi there!

I have a problem with my ObiRope Settings! 

This is my Setup: I have three levels. I added my character prefab to each level. This Prefab has an Obi Solver plus Rope attached to it. The Obi Solver itself is not a prefab, but the parent object. Also, in each level, they have the same Blueprint asset. I have a TestScene, where I first set up the whole Character prefab. Then i copied the Prefab into the other scenes.

This is what I want to do: For each Level I want my character to have different Tear Resistance and Stretching Compliance, the rest of the rope settings should be exactly the same. 

Exclamación This is my problem: In my Levels, the rope doesn't adopt the changed settings that I just made. It always stays the same length. Or it has settings from another level.  

What I tried to do: I tried to create a new blueprint in the separate levels, but also then, the rope took settings from a different level. I unpacked the prefab, so the Obi solver is not a prefab anymore. Still the same issue. In my testscene though, I have a script where i can change the settings on key press and this perfectly works.

So my main question is, how can i have the same rope across multiple scenes and then change only 2 variables?

I would be really happy about some help and maybe someone could explain to me, how blueprints actually work and what information they safe.
Thanks you in advance! Corazón

Shirley55
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Obi Rope Contraint Settings buggy - by Shirley55 - 23-05-2026, 05:49 PM
RE: Obi Rope Contraint Settings buggy - by chenji - 25-05-2026, 02:55 AM