03-12-2025, 10:06 AM
Hello Raidan,
Funny enough, I'm developing the same thing for work (specifically in the veterinary domain).
Following JoseMendez advices and an older post (https://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/foru...-2905.html) where he implement some way to drive the rod (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMZC38INjG4), I was able to have a first convincing model for endoscope simulation.
I am now investigating camera and light binding at the endoscope tip, parameters refining and moving toward soft-body organ (or at least deformable mesh).
Not quite sure if ObiSoftBody would handle hollow mesh for what we need, though.
Anyway, if you want to discuss this, I'd be happy to help.
Regards,
Funny enough, I'm developing the same thing for work (specifically in the veterinary domain).
Following JoseMendez advices and an older post (https://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/foru...-2905.html) where he implement some way to drive the rod (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMZC38INjG4), I was able to have a first convincing model for endoscope simulation.
I am now investigating camera and light binding at the endoscope tip, parameters refining and moving toward soft-body organ (or at least deformable mesh).
Not quite sure if ObiSoftBody would handle hollow mesh for what we need, though.
Anyway, if you want to discuss this, I'd be happy to help.
Regards,
