Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  How to optimize collisions?
(16-10-2024, 08:11 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

With only 81 particles collision detection shouldn't be a problem - nothing should, really. Performance drops should be expected when dealing with thousands of particles if using the Burst backend, and tens of thousands if using the Compute backend.

The problem you describe sounds quite weird. Off the top of my head, only thing that could cause this is a MeshCollider with lots of small triangles in it, so that each individual particle is spawning an abnormally large amount of contacts. Maybe this is your case?

Also make sure you're not running with the jobs debugger enabled - that will heavily impact performance of all job-based code in your game.

No, particles only consider colliding against nearby colliders.

Use Unity's profiler. It will tell you *exactly* what the problem is. If you need help interpreting the profiling session, feel free to send it to us and we will help you make sense of the information displayed by the profiler (you can export the session using one of the buttons at the top-right corner of the profiler).

kind regards,

The problem is im using a very optimized fire shuriken particles, frame drops when view port contains fire particles and at the same time if any of a single Obi Cloth particle makes a collision contact.

I have created a fire blanket with Obi Cloth to put off fire. When I use Obi Cloth with the Fire Particles both in my viewport everything is perfect and I'm getting max frames. But as soon as Obi Cloth makes a contact with any collider in scene and my view port contains fire particles, frame rate drops. I get that particles might be drawing some performance but there is no drop in frame rate no matter how much i swing and move my Obi Cloth keeping fire particles in my view port. A single collision cause a drop. And effect is same.

I'm using box colliders in unity scene mostly with Obi Collider Components, yes some colliders are large (like a large floor but its still a box collider)

How Obi Solver works? like Physics is only processed when a single particle comes into contact?

Messages In This Thread
How to optimize collisions? - by vrtraining - 15-10-2024, 06:05 PM
RE: How to optimize collisions? - by josemendez - 16-10-2024, 08:11 AM
RE: How to optimize collisions? - by vrtraining - 16-10-2024, 08:38 AM
RE: How to optimize collisions? - by josemendez - 16-10-2024, 08:49 AM
RE: How to optimize collisions? - by vrtraining - 16-10-2024, 11:06 AM
RE: How to optimize collisions? - by josemendez - 16-10-2024, 11:51 AM
RE: How to optimize collisions? - by vrtraining - 16-10-2024, 01:26 PM
RE: How to optimize collisions? - by josemendez - 16-10-2024, 02:00 PM
RE: How to optimize collisions? - by vrtraining - 16-10-2024, 02:13 PM
RE: How to optimize collisions? - by josemendez - 16-10-2024, 02:43 PM
RE: How to optimize collisions? - by vrtraining - 16-10-2024, 04:09 PM