Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to make an object hold Obi Fluid?
(09-10-2024, 08:12 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi!

How have you set the collider up and what collision parameters are you using in your solver? Could you share your collider and solver settings?

Objects collide against triangles, not vertices. And the more triangles your object has, the costlier collision detection will become at no extra advantage. You should strive to use as few triangles/vertices as possible.

Also note that how you're moving the container has a large impact on behavior. Make sure you're moving it using physics (joints, AddForce, modifying their velocity, etc), instead of just setting its transform position - as that essentially teleports objects around ignoring physics, and as a result fluid will be left out of the container as you move it around.

kind regards,
Yes! Here's what it looks like: https://imgur.com/a/chemistry-flask-foll...er-bbCEPZg. I really just looked at the Faucet and Bucket sample scene and tried to replicate it with my erlenmeyer flask.

Also, gotcha about the triangles! I'm super new to this, so I'm trying to make sense of it.

When you say moving the container, are you referring to moving it via a script or manually? I've tried moving the bucket y'all provided with OVR hands and it works just as fine. I don't have any additional scripts in this project (especially nothing to deal with teleportation) whatsoever since I just wanted to test and see if Obi Fluid would be viable for my project.

Messages In This Thread
How to make an object hold Obi Fluid? - by vivi_j - 09-10-2024, 02:11 AM
RE: How to make an object hold Obi Fluid? - by vivi_j - 09-10-2024, 07:58 PM