Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Can I attach particeattachment in script?
(20-09-2024, 09:47 AM)josemendez Wrote: There's many other options.

One is to use an edge loop detection algorithm: start at the topmost edge and iterate trough edges, picking always the edge opposite to the current one until you return to where you started.

Or, a border detection algorithm: build a half-edge data structure out of the mesh, and pick half-edges that have no pair. Out of all of them, the ones above the centroid of the mesh will be the waist.

Or, a hole detection algorithm, and again the topmost hole will be the waist.

Skin radius = 0 just drives the particle using full animation, no simulation. Whether it goes trough the body or not entirely depends on how well skinned the cloth mesh is. If skin weights are not properly authored, it may of course go trough the body.

Note that regardless of the method used (attachments or skin radius), you need to detect the waist particles: be it to create a particle group with them, or to set their skin radius.

Are there any errors popping up in the console when this happens?
Hello! Thank you for your answer. Now I just set every particle into  a group before I attach particle attachment component into cloth asset, cause I figured out it is little hard and takes time to adapt algorithm to find the vertices on the waistline. Anyway it works well!
And about the any errors... I didnt get any errors. I might try it again to figure out,.in which specific situation this happens.
Btw, Im trying to download obi cloth 6.5.2 from package manager. What is the name of git url of obi cloth?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can I attach particeattachment in script? - by gahyun11 - 04-10-2024, 07:12 AM