Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  contact.stickImpulse always 0, Closed loop ObiRope Collision fails
Hello, I am running a simulation with a closed loop ObiRope, that should simulate an elastic.
The objective is to grasp the elastic with a tool and hook it on some nails, to create different shapes. The nails are vertical and the elastic should be stretched to be hooked to nails at 10 cm of distance between each other.
I am encountering an issue with the collision, because i am able to grasp and release the object with no issues, and i am able to hook the elastic on one nail, but the when i stretch the elastic and i hook it on another nail, after the release the collision is broken, either for both nails or just for the second one and the elastic passes through them.
I initially thought of increasing the contact.stickImpulse to make the interface between nail and internal part of the elastic more "unbreakable" but it didn't work because of course I can't change that value.
I don't know if inserting some type of attachment can be helpful because i need the elastic to slide over the nail if the movement requires it.
Do you have any suggestion to address this problem?

Messages In This Thread
contact.stickImpulse always 0, Closed loop ObiRope Collision fails - by alicecatalano - 12-09-2024, 08:32 AM