Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  (7.0) Compute backend seems to freeze the whole Unity editor occassionally
(26-08-2024, 07:13 PM)Ben_bionic Wrote: I'm also getting a d11 issue when I use compute backend,

Hi Ben,

Which version of ObiRope are you using? we pushed an update just a few days ago which fixes a pretty hard to reproduce crash in the compute backend when using aerodynamic constraints (which are enabled by default on all ropes).

In case you're already using the latest version (7.0.2) could you share the project/scene that reproduces this issue, by sending it to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com? simply having multiple ropes with cursors changing their length at runtime seems to work fine for us (ie. the "FreightLift" sample scene uses 4 ropes with a cursor each).

(26-08-2024, 07:13 PM)Ben_bionic Wrote: The code I am running is just the following, where in this case slackValue is 3 and chainIndex being what chain I am targeting.

Code:
public void SetupChains(int chainIndex)
{
    //set length of obi rope
    chains[chainIndex].obiCursor.ChangeLength(slackValue);
}

That will increase the length of the ropes by 3 meters - keep that in mind in case you're calling this every frame!

kind regards,

Messages In This Thread
RE: (7.0) Compute backend seems to freeze the whole Unity editor occassionally - by josemendez - 26-08-2024, 08:36 PM