Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  (7.0) Compute backend seems to freeze the whole Unity editor occassionally
I'm also getting a d11 issue when I use compute backend, I have 4 chains that I am trying to change the length of. If my blueprint is at thickness: 0.1 Resolution 0.5 everything works fine when I try to change the length of the chains to 3 at startup. But if I move the thickness to 0.05 and resolution to 1 I get a D11 every single time. I thought it was that I had to many chains or something so I change my code so I could do the length change on each chain one at a time slowly, it sometimes does one fine, but then the next one will crash it. Having all 4 chains in the scene seems to be working fine as long as I don't try to change the length on them at runtime. I just need them to start all coiled up so I need to change length at runtime.

The code I am running is just the following, where in this case slackValue is 3 and chainIndex being what chain I am targeting.

Code:
public void SetupChains(int chainIndex)
{
    //set length of obi rope
    chains[chainIndex].obiCursor.ChangeLength(slackValue);
}

More info:
OS - Windows 11 Pro
Unity - 2021.3.22f1
Processor - i9-13900KF
GPU - 4070 Ti
Installed RAM - 64.0 GB (63.8 GB usable)

Messages In This Thread
RE: (7.0) Compute backend seems to freeze the whole Unity editor occassionally - by Ben_bionic - 26-08-2024, 07:13 PM