Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Temporarily make fluids in a container ignore other colliders/fluids
Quote:In that case you will need to do this in 3D and use depth to prevent fluids poured on different containers from interacting with each other.

Gotcha. Since I still want it to mostly behave as if it was 2D - what would be the best way to achieve that? 3D colliders with a really small depth? What would be the smallest depth that could still contain particles? Or can I maybe somehow restrict the Z axis for particles until I manually their Z position?

Quote:moving a particle to another emitter would suddenly change all its properties including rest density, mass, size, pressure, etc, potentially breaking the simulation.

I've been thinking a bit about that - are those properties all readable and settable? Could I manually create a copy of an emitter, emit some particles, manually move over particles from the original emitter by setting those properties, and then removing the particles from the old emitter?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Temporarily make fluids in a container ignore other colliders/fluids - by Tobias - 27-06-2024, 06:24 PM