Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Temporarily make fluids in a container ignore other colliders/fluids
(26-06-2024, 06:36 PM)Tobias Wrote: Yes, but in this case I want to be able to have diffusions from the same emitters ignore each other temporarily under certain circumstances. Take the following scenario:
  1. Bottle A contains red liquid from the emitter 1. Bottle B contains blue liquid from emitter 2. Glass C and D are empty.
  2. Into glass C and D I both pour 50% from bottle A and 50% from bottle B. Now both glasses contain mixed liquids from the same emitters.
  3. I now pick up glass C. While I'm moving around glass C, I want it (and its fluid contents) to be able to pass through glass D (and its fluid contents) without any interaction.
I can't just move any emitter to a different solver here. Both glasses contain a bit of fluid by the same emitters.

So it's not like each bottle contains fluid from a specific emitter that you can move to a different solver when you want it to stop interacting with other fluids, right?
In that case you will need to do this in 3D and use depth to prevent fluids poured on different containers from interacting with each other.

Currently there's no way to make specific fluid particles ignore other particles when calculating density. We will consider adding something similar to collision filters for density constraints in the future, however it will be considerably more expensive as the amount of neighbors for each fluid particle is high, and the check would need to take place every frame. It's more efficient to use spatial coordinates for this, as spatial binning will automatically make particles that are physically distant  along the Z axis ignore each other without the need to perform any checks.

kind regards,

Messages In This Thread
RE: Temporarily make fluids in a container ignore other colliders/fluids - by josemendez - 26-06-2024, 06:52 PM