Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Performance lag when more thn 4 ropes created
(03-06-2024, 08:07 AM)kripa1415 Wrote: I've attached screenshot of the original game. Is it possible to create something like that using Obi ?

Most certainly yes, that's not a lot of ropes and they're rather short. Here's 100 longer ropes at >60 fps:
[Image: ropewind.gif]

(03-06-2024, 08:07 AM)kripa1415 Wrote: 4 - 6 ropes working fine in desktop. I don't see any performance issues there. But its very slow in Mobile when ropes are twisted and tangled with collisions enabled.
Yes burst by default its enabled. I didn't change any settings. 
It's universal render pipeline project with Burst packages installed by default. Attached screenshot for reference.

Check the ObiSolver component for any warnings stating that packages are missing, like this one:
[Image: burst_warning.png]

Some packages (jobs, collections) may not be installed by default.

(03-06-2024, 08:07 AM)kripa1415 Wrote: I can create the below tangles somehow using a spline tool & creating obi ropes at runtime. But I don't think it can handle the collision in the same way how its done in that game.
Even with just 4 - 6 ropes with solver collision parallel 20-30 iteration,

No wonder it's slow, 30 iterations is *a lot*, and parallel evaluation converges a lot slower than sequential. You should not need more than 1-3 sequential iterations under most circumstances.

(03-06-2024, 08:07 AM)kripa1415 Wrote: when its slightly stretched, breaks collision and ropes getting untangled.

Increasing the amount of collision constraint iterations won't help at all in this case, as the problem is the ropes are becoming overstretched: this opens gaps in between particles allowing other ropes to pass trough no matter how many collision iterations you use. Use more substeps instead to limit rope stretching, and also make sure that you interact with the ropes via forces (instead of just setting their position using a static attachment as that will ignore stretch forces). The manual contains a very in-depth explanation of what iterations/substeps are and how they affect the result.

(03-06-2024, 08:07 AM)kripa1415 Wrote: quotWith 20-30 ropes, tangles and collision, will it be able to give more than 60 fps on mobile  ?

Absolutely, 30 short ropes should not be a problem in any hardware.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Performance lag when more thn 4 ropes created - by josemendez - 03-06-2024, 08:54 AM