Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Performance lag when more thn 4 ropes created
(03-06-2024, 06:48 AM)kripa1415 Wrote: Is it possible to create a game similar to Twisted  Tangled Game published by Rollic Games.
I've tried and successfully created a few levels with just 2 to 3 ropes constructed twisted using a spline tool and created rope at runtime by generating blueprints.
But the problem is Obi started to slow down when I introduced the 4th rope. Even with just 4 ropes twisted and collided, It totally stopped working even in high end devices.

Hi,

This doesn't sound right at all, performance shouldn't be a concern with such a simple setup. I mean, some of the included sample scenes have 4 ropes or more and they run at +200 fps on a fairly weak CPU. We're only starting to notice drops in performance with several dozen ropes.

Have you installed the required package dependencies for Burst, as per the setup guide? Failing to do so will force Obi to fall back to a slower backend, that's particularly slow in mobile devices.

Assuming that's not the case (you've installed Burst and it is enabled), the first stop when facing performance issues in Unity is the profiler. Would it be possible for you to  your scene and share the profiling session with us so that we can take a closer look?

kind regards

Messages In This Thread
RE: Performance lag when more thn 4 ropes created - by josemendez - 03-06-2024, 07:47 AM