Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  Fluid renders in editor, not in build
(17-05-2024, 02:37 AM)Terabytetim Wrote: I've tried reaching out to the OBI team about this, but their mailer is blocking me as spam with the following error:
Code:
mail-node.dondominio.com gave this error:
Decision Engine classified the mail item was rejected because of IP Block (from outbound normal IP pools) -> 554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [40.107.236.120] blocked using bl.spamcop.net;
We had been talking, but after a few E-mails back and forth they started rejecting my E-mails as spam.

Hi!

Sorry about this! Which email account did you use to contact us regarding this error? That way I can check our previous conversation and get up to speed regarding this issue.

(17-05-2024, 02:37 AM)Terabytetim Wrote: We are using OBI on the standard render pipeline. Our water renders fine in-editor, but when built is invisible. There are no shader or burst related errors in the player log. I've also disabled all shader stripping.
Does anyone know why water would render in the editor but not a build, besides shader stripping?

- Is it only fluid rendering that's failing, or both simulation and rendering? If you enable the "render" checkbox in ObiParticleRenderer, do particles appear in the build?
- What platform are you building for? Also, which solver backend are you using (Burst or Oni)?

I ask these questions because you mentioned there's no errors in the console, if any of the shaders used for fluid rendering were missing or not properly compiling for your platform, the console/logs should contain the following error : "Obi Fluid Renderer not supported in this platform."

If this is not the case, it sounds like the entire physics backend is either missing or unsupported. This is usually the case with Oni, since it has much more limited platform support than Burst.

kind regards,

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fluid renders in editor, not in build - by josemendez - 17-05-2024, 08:00 AM