Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Is there a way to query collisions with Obi Bone?
(06-05-2024, 12:03 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi!

It's not clear to me whether your character has a collider or not. You ask whether it should have a Collider, but then you mention it has a ObiCollider?

ObiColliders are intended to expose Colliders to ObiSolvers. So if you have a Collider that you want Obi to detect collisions against, it must also have a ObiCollider. This included collision callbacks like the one you've subscribed to, so yes: your character must have a Collider (and ObiCollider) for particles to collide against it, and for callbacks to return any contacts.

kind regards,
Yes, my character can collide with this Golem, she gets pushed back when received the attack. The setup is:
character: Obi Collider , Collider, Obi Solver, Obi Fixed Updater.
The Golem: Obi solver , obi fixed updater, Obi bone.
The collision happened between my character capsule and the Obi Bone of Golem.
I just wonder if I can receive collision events with more info so I can debug the impulse?
With the same code, I can receive the collision events between a softbody character with a collider, but this setup can not receive the event, even though my character can contact with the Golem's Obi bone.

Further inspection: Test the Golem with just a Cube with Obi Solver + Obi Fixed Updater + Obi Collider + Collider + Rigidbody + Obi Rigidbody.

Result: the Golem's solver shows its Particles 51, Simplices 50, and Contacts 22, while the Cube's Solver shows nothing
This means we can receive the Collisions event on the Golem which has particles, but not on the Cube which has no particle.

Can the system send the collision event to the Cube (contact receiver with no Obi particle) too? like Unity physics, the collision events send to every collider in that contact.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is there a way to query collisions with Obi Bone? - by spikebor - 06-05-2024, 03:19 PM