Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prefab Creation & Cable Length with Rigidbodies
(01-05-2024, 10:43 AM)josemendez Wrote:
Quote:There's no need to reposition the ends of the rope or the objects it is attached to. Just edit your rope's path to make it longer. You may add new control points in between the ends of the rope and move them around, or change their tangent handles to elongate the rope.

Note this assumes you don't need the rope to be a straight line at rest, if you need it, you will need to reposition the cable connectors as well.

In case you need to create arbitrarily shaped cables connecting objects at runtime that might be at arbitrary positions/distances from each other, you might want to create your ropes ...
[url=http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manual/6.3/scriptingactors.html][/url]

Thanks. I'll look deeper into this.

Quote:Just creating a prefab the usual way should work. Just make sure that you instantiate your prefabs inside a ObiSolver at runtime, otherwise they won't be simulated or rendered.

Just to make sure I fully understand, do you mean I should place the end connectors as children under ObiSolver?  And then drag ObiSolver to the prefab folder?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prefab Creation & Cable Length with Rigidbodies - by Sky d - 01-05-2024, 11:37 AM