Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Question about garment onto a 3d avatar using Obi
(29-04-2024, 02:35 AM)onfitpark Wrote: Hi,

I have reached to put on the clothes(a top and a pants) and they look more natural. They are children of one ObiSolver, so they are under the same condition of Solver settings. For this, I've got high value of Constraint settings and some of them are over 8 up to 17 and, and substep got 15 Confundido

8 iterations and 15 substeps = 120 iterations, which is *a lot*.

Substeps are a lot more effective at improving simulation quality than iterations. It is very rare for iterations to go over 2-4, as they're intended to adjust the relative importance of different constraint types. Usually, you want to keep all iteration values at just 1 iteration, then use as many substeps as needed. Then if any particular constraint type needs some extra strength, use a couple more iterations on that particular constraint type.

(29-04-2024, 02:35 AM)onfitpark Wrote: When I simulate on, it starts jittering and colliding each other, and pass through the body mesh, and it gets slower.

Is the body mesh a MeshCollider? it really should be a distance field instead as I suggested previously, this will prevent any particles passing trough the body. It's also much cheaper than MeshCollider.

(29-04-2024, 02:35 AM)onfitpark Wrote: I was wondering if you could help me optimizing performance; stabilization.

Performance is best optimized using the profiler. It will tell you *exactly* what's taking up more time, so that you can focus on optimizing that. I can help you interpret your profiling sessions, but can't optimize it for you since I would be simply blind-guessing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question about garment onto a 3d avatar using Obi - by josemendez - 29-04-2024, 08:20 AM