Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boost Speed of Particle Group?
(26-09-2023, 07:14 AM)josemendez Wrote: Substeps don't have any impact on this, so adjusting them will have no effect. In case interpolation is not the problem, this means the target object is getting updated after the solver. For instance, you might be using ObiFixedUpdater instead of ObiLateFixedUpdater.

This kind of issue typically stems from rigidbodies and solvers being updated differently (either because state interpolation settings are different, or because of update order issues). If you can't find the culprit you have one last resort which is to force the renderable position of the particles at the very end of each frame. This is just a cosmetic "hack" and isn't physically accurate, but will solve your issue.

Edit: I've modified ObiParticleAttachment so that it forces the renderable position of the particle at the end of each frame. You can find the modified version attached to this post.

kind regards,

Thank you kindly, 
In regards to the script update. 
I copy and pasted it in, but now has an error. I looked, it appears the new script is of MonoBehavior while the original is an Editor? 

Thanks again.

Messages In This Thread
Boost Speed of Particle Group? - by Renman3000 - 13-09-2023, 05:57 PM
RE: Boost Speed of Particle Group? - by Renman3000 - 26-09-2023, 05:17 PM