Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Adding Solvers to Obi Updaters at Runtime
Noted on all the other comments - thanks for the detailed response! I'll dig more into them.

Quote:You can just use 2 materials per mesh (one front-facing and one back-facing, this works in all render pipelines and is what all included sample scenes do) or just use a single, two-sided material. In URP this is very easy to do as the Lit shader has a two-sided version, just set "Render Face" to "Both"

Regarding the above ^ I believe I tried that as many ways as I could, but each time I would get improper lighting. I have a directional light in the scene, and when using this method in URP, I only get light hitting the cloth when the side with normals facing the lighting. If I throw a second material on the mesh to render the back side, there is no option to flip normals so that lighting on the back side of the face is respected. Essentially, what you get is cloth is lit brightly on both sides when the "front" side is facing the light, and no sides are lit when the "back" side is facing the light. All solutions I've tried to find online that allegedly have this normal-flipping feature to get proper lighting all end up not working or show up as pink in the scene.

If you have any ideas on fixing this (or if there is an oversight I'm making), I'd love to pick your brain.

Thanks again for the other answers!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Adding Solvers to Obi Updaters at Runtime - by scionious - 20-09-2023, 01:12 PM