Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RESET Obi Softbody
Thank you so much for your reply. So I spent a few more hours debugging, and it consistently crashes the editor, when I use the teleport function.
This is so weird. When I don't teleport, everything runs fine, but as soon as I teleport (which is in fact working), it crashes once I exit play mode.

GPT-4 analyzed my crash report like this - don't know if this is helpful at all:
"The crash report appears to indicate a SIGSEGV (segmentation fault) error which is a specific kind of error caused by accessing memory that "does not belong to you." It's a mechanism that prevents you from corrupting the memory and introducing hard-to-debug memory bugs. Essentially, whenever you get a segmentation fault, you know you are doing something wrong with memory - such as accessing a variable that has already been freed or writing to a read-only portion of memory. The operating system kills the process for this.

From the stack trace, the crash seems to occur during the cleanup of some memory pointers (DelayedPointerDeletionManager::CleanupPendingMainThreadPointers), but it's difficult to say what exactly is the cause just from this. It could be an issue with Unity's memory management, a problem in the Vuforia AR platform, or a bug in your code."

Is there any other way to move a softbody back to its original position without using teleport? It could also destroy and reinitialize the softbody at the original position, maybe? Just don't know how to do that.

Weird, weird, but thanks for your help!!!!

(To clarify: All I try to create is a maze, where you can drag an OBI softbody through - with the option to reset the softbody to its starting point)

Messages In This Thread
RESET Obi Softbody - by swancollective - 22-06-2023, 08:25 PM
RE: RESET Obi Softbody - by swancollective - 23-06-2023, 11:17 AM
RE: RESET Obi Softbody - by josemendez - 23-06-2023, 02:19 PM
RE: RESET Obi Softbody - by swancollective - 23-06-2023, 06:00 PM
RE: RESET Obi Softbody - by josemendez - 23-06-2023, 06:42 PM
RE: RESET Obi Softbody - by swancollective - 24-06-2023, 11:52 AM
RE: RESET Obi Softbody - by josemendez - 24-06-2023, 02:48 PM
RE: RESET Obi Softbody - by swancollective - 25-06-2023, 10:15 AM
RE: RESET Obi Softbody - by josemendez - 25-06-2023, 11:06 AM
RE: RESET Obi Softbody - by swancollective - 25-06-2023, 12:39 PM
RE: RESET Obi Softbody - by swancollective - 03-07-2023, 07:20 AM