Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Raising stickiness in collision material makes particles spastic but not sticky
(25-03-2022, 01:04 PM)locque Wrote: No, I'm using HurricaneVR. Everything is force-based, just like Boneworks. It's really cool because that actually allows you to kind of feel the resistance of fluids in obi since they apply force to your hand.

Oh ok! not sure how HurricaneVR works, never tried it. A question I get asked very often has to do with kinematic rigidbodies (or even colliders with no rigidbody at all) not applying or receiving forces from Obi actors, that's why I assumed this could be the case.

(25-03-2022, 01:04 PM)locque Wrote: Okay, so drastically reducing the density of the fluid or increasing mass of the knife does make it start to stick a little bit. However this means either my fluid has to have a density of 10 or less which means I can't properly weigh it any more, or I have to increase the mass of my knife to at least 100 which means it's to heavy to pick up and even if I increase hand strength it would still cause havoc when colliding with any of the lighter objects.

It should not be necessary to reduce the density that much, for instance the Viscosity scene has a fluid with density 1000 kg/m3 and a rigidbody that's 50 kg, and it works fairly well. As far as I can tell from the info you've given, this should work.

Will take a look at HurricaneVr to see if I can spot anything that could cause issues with this.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Raising stickiness in collision material makes particles spastic but not sticky - by josemendez - 25-03-2022, 01:17 PM