Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Obi rope in combination with joints stretches the rope infinitely
Just to let anyone else looking into the issue know that it really did help. Also have to take into consideration the mass of the player Rigidbody. Originally I was able to stretch the rope despite using forces to move the player, but when I reduced the mass it started acting the way I want it to.

Thanks Jose!

I hope you don't mind me posting another question here, I wouldn't want to clog up the forum with a number of threads and it's (vaguely) related to the original question.

Since I have a moveable object connected to the rope, I added the option to throw the object by adding a force to the rigidbody. When throwing the object without the rope connection, it normally flies off. When throwing the object connected to the rope, it looks as though it flies off, but it quickly gets pulled back by the rope forces, resulting in it not going anywhere. Is there a way to lessen the internal forces of the rope in order to have the connected object fly off normally? I tried playing around with the distance constraints, but without luck.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Obi rope in combination with joints stretches the rope infinitely - by jsladovic - 17-02-2022, 09:19 PM