Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for someone to help me with obi fluid settings
Quote:Hi there!

I'm not experienced enough to configure a good looking liquid for my hentai game, so I'm looking for someone who can help me make a good config. I don't expect free work.

Hi Davy,

Maybe I can help out for free, depending on what the issue is. Is it fluid behavior (how it moves) or fluid rendering (how it looks)?

(12-01-2022, 07:39 AM)godbian Wrote: the same to me. I wanna get fluid like tears. But whatever the setting i change, i can not get the perfect effect i want~ So i am looking forward to it too. thanks!

There's no visible effect of pressure and vorticity in a tear, the dominant force is surface tension (responsible for the round-ish shape of tears) and even then the shape of tears does not change much. I would not use a particle-based physics engine like Obi for this, it's absolute overkill.

Tears in games are either not simulated at all, or simulated in texture space. For rendering, a combination of simple refraction and and a smoothness/roughness map in the skin material will do. This is both much simpler to set up and orders of magnitude cheaper.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for someone to help me with obi fluid settings - by josemendez - 12-01-2022, 09:07 AM