Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  ObiCloth + character interpolation - how to fix jittering?
In my game, characters are updated in FixedUpdate, and ObiCloth is updated in LateFixedUpdate. Everything works fine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSCiK8088Fw

(The forum software won't let me add two videos to a post, so I'm just linking the one above instead.)

I'd like to interpolate my characters' transforms in LateUpdate so that their motion is smoother. I'm using a character controller called KinematicCharacterController, which implements interpolation how you'd expect - which is to say, characters have transforms that are restored to their last-ticked position at the start of the character update, and then those transforms are position/rotation-interpolated in LateUpdate.

This causes ugly jittering with my current ObiCloth setup, presumably because characters are not at their simulated positions when they're rendered:

Is there a solution to this? (I'd rather not simulate cloth in LateUpdate if I can avoid it, given the caveats in ObiLateUpdater.)

Messages In This Thread
ObiCloth + character interpolation - how to fix jittering? - by timconkling - 06-01-2022, 02:11 AM