Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue with Rope (Chain) in scene
(05-02-2018, 08:52 PM)Sbmhome Wrote: I could write a script to excute DestroyImmediate() in the Editor, but I want to know how to permanently avoid this issue.

A little more on how I'm using it. I have the chain in an area of my map that isn't viewable when the player enters. I'm currently disabling the obi rope gameObject to save resources and then enabling it once the player is close. I never destroy the GameObject. I am using  additive scene loading (if that makes a difference).

Is there a better way to ensure its using zero resources and to make sure this issue doesn't occur? I'm making a VR game, so I really need it to be zero (CPU & GPU) when not viewed as my budget for everything is very strict.

Thanks.

Hi,

Can you reproduce the issue consistently, or has it only happened once to you? The rope mesh is always destroyed both in play mode and in editor for us, both when enabling/disabling the rope and when creating/destroying it. As I mentioned, the only way I can think of for this to happen is for rope.OnDestroy() to be ignored by Unity for some reason when exiting play mode.

To stop all actors in a solver from being updating when not viewed by any camera, untick the "Simulate when invisible" checkbox in ObiSolver. See:http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutorials/obisolver.html

Messages In This Thread
Issue with Rope (Chain) in scene - by Sbmhome - 03-02-2018, 05:05 AM
RE: Issue with Rope (Chain) in scene - by Sbmhome - 05-02-2018, 08:52 PM
RE: Issue with Rope (Chain) in scene - by josemendez - 05-02-2018, 09:16 PM
RE: Issue with Rope (Chain) in scene - by Sbmhome - 05-02-2018, 11:42 PM