Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Space in obi rope with pins
Hello, I try to make wires with connectors on both ends for VR. The user will be able to take connectors in his hands. At first, I wanted to implement using startPrefab and endPrefab, but they are impossible to interact with and move. Then I tried to implement a longer wire using "pin constraint" based on the example in the "Rocker" scene. But during кщзу initialization, there is a space between "obi rope" and GameObjects. 

I tried to fix this problem by changing the "pin constraint" position, but it did not help. Is there any way to fix this problem?

[Image: image.png]

Thank You

Sam Violin.
(16-03-2019, 07:16 AM)SamViolin Wrote: Hello, I try to make wires with connectors on both ends for VR. The user will be able to take connectors in his hands. At first, I wanted to implement using startPrefab and endPrefab, but they are impossible to interact with and move. Then I tried to implement a longer wire using "pin constraint" based on the example in the "Rocker" scene. But during кщзу initialization, there is a space between "obi rope" and GameObjects. 

I tried to fix this problem by changing the "pin constraint" position, but it did not help. Is there any way to fix this problem?

Thank You

Sam Violin.

Hi,

The particle at the end of the rope is colliding with the sphere (add a ObiParticleRenderer component to your rope to clearly see the issue). Simply disable collisions between them by setting the particle phase to the same value as the sphere collider. See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...sions.html