Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sticky Materials
Hi there,

yesterday I purchased your Softbody unitypackage. I am trying to stick two objects together (like in your example on the website with the cloth). 

I created a sticky material and applied it to two spheres, which have soft bodies on them. But the don't stick to each other.

The obi solver has Collision and Particle Collision checked true. I also tried adding collideres to the spheres, but that changes nothing.

Am I missing something? Any help will be appreciated.
(05-03-2019, 03:34 PM)Kostik3000 Wrote: Hi there,

yesterday I purchased your Softbody unitypackage. I am trying to stick two objects together (like in your example on the website with the cloth). 

I created a sticky material and applied it to two spheres, which have soft bodies on them. But the don't stick to each other.

The obi solver has Collision and Particle Collision checked true. I also tried adding collideres to the spheres, but that changes nothing.

Am I missing something? Any help will be appreciated.
Hi,

Make sure both spheres have different phases. Particles with the same phase will ignore each other. See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...sions.html
Thank you for the quick answer.

I have just tried giving them different phases - without success (Edit particles->Phase x->paint brush).

Could you provide a small tutorial with 1 or 2 screenshots how to do it correctly?
(05-03-2019, 03:56 PM)Kostik3000 Wrote: Thank you for the quick answer.

I have just tried giving them different phases - without success (Edit particles->Phase x->paint brush).

Could you provide a small tutorial with 1 or 2 screenshots how to do it correctly?

I solved the problem. My objects didn't stick to each other because they had the same mass.