Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obi 4.0.2 compile errors
Adding Obi 4.0.2 to new project got compile errors in Editor:

Assets\Plugins\Obi\Scripts\Actors\ObiEmitter.cs(296,73): error CS0426: The type name 'MaterialChangeEventArgs' does not exist in the type 'ObiEmitterMaterial'
Assets\Plugins\Obi\Scripts\Actors\ObiEmitter.cs(91,24): error CS0115: 'ObiEmitter.Awake()': no suitable method found to override

Assets\Plugins\Obi\Scripts\Utils\ObiClothDragger.cs(45,9): error CS0117: 'Oni' does not contain a definition for 'GetParticlePositions'

Unity 2018.3.0f2
(25-02-2019, 03:01 PM)mmortall Wrote: Adding Obi 4.0.2 to new project got compile errors in Editor:

Assets\Plugins\Obi\Scripts\Actors\ObiEmitter.cs(296,73): error CS0426: The type name 'MaterialChangeEventArgs' does not exist in the type 'ObiEmitterMaterial'
Assets\Plugins\Obi\Scripts\Actors\ObiEmitter.cs(91,24): error CS0115: 'ObiEmitter.Awake()': no suitable method found to override

Assets\Plugins\Obi\Scripts\Utils\ObiClothDragger.cs(45,9): error CS0117: 'Oni' does not contain a definition for 'GetParticlePositions'

Unity 2018.3.0f2

Hi,

Cannot reproduce these on a new project. Are you sure there's no left-over stuff from a previous version in your project?
(25-02-2019, 07:19 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

Cannot reproduce these on a new project. Are you sure there's no left-over stuff from a previous version in your project?

Just checked again and still same error. I will redownload unitypackage file. Maybe there was an old one at the Asset Store. 

As I see MaterialChangeEventArgs was removed from ObiEmitterMaterial class but there is no .cs file with MaterialChangeEventArgs anymore.

[attachment=259]
(25-02-2019, 07:32 PM)mmortall Wrote: Just checked again and still same error. I will redownload unitypackage file. Maybe there was an old one at the Asset Store. 

As I see MaterialChangeEventArgs was removed from ObiEmitterMaterial class but there is no .cs file with MaterialChangeEventArgs anymore.

Hi,

Double checked by downloading from the store, fresh project, using exact same Unity version you're using. No errors.

Please make sure there are no leftover files from old versions. In 4.0.2 the /Emitter folder does not contain the ObiEmitterShape.cs file, and ObiEmitter.cs does not have +200 lines (as seen in your pic), only 46. Try deleting the /Obi folder, then reimport the package. Upon import, Unity does not automatically remove files that are no longer needed or files whose metadata has changed.
(25-02-2019, 08:05 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

Double checked by downloading from the store, fresh project, using exact same Unity version you're using. No errors.

Please make sure there are no leftover files from old versions. In 4.0.2 the /Emitter folder does not contain the ObiEmitterShape.cs file, and ObiEmitter.cs does not have +200 lines (as seen in your pic), only 46. Try deleting the /Obi folder, then reimport the package. Upon import, Unity does not automatically remove files that are no longer needed or files whose metadata has changed.

Probably package was corrupted for some reason. I also redownloaded package and it is working now without compile errors. Thanks.