Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  ObiHandle in prefab mode.
InformaciĆ³n 
Hello!

In Unity 2018.3.3f1 I'm trying to add ObiRope (4.0.1) to prefab. So in prefab mode when I add ObiHandle to any point, new handle doesn't appear in current mode, but when I get back in scene, it exists in the end of hierarchy. So in result I have to create handle, get back to scene, add them to prefab, apply them, go to prefab mode and then I'll be able to work with them in prefab. Or add them in scene mode, but it's not always an option.
(11-02-2019, 08:41 AM)Evgenius Wrote: Hello!

In Unity 2018.3.3f1 I'm trying to add ObiRope (4.0.1) to prefab. So in prefab mode when I add ObiHandle to any point, new handle doesn't appear in current mode, but when I get back in scene, it exists in the end of hierarchy. So in result I have to create handle, get back to scene, add them to prefab, apply them, go to prefab mode and then I'll be able to work with them in prefab. Or add them in scene mode, but it's not always an option.

Hi there,

Handles are added in the scene root, not below the actor's transform (since this does not make sense most of the time, the whole point of handles is they are independent of the actor's transform, you would simply use fixed particles otherwise). Because of this you'd need to do what you describe: create them in scene mode, add them to the prefab (apply) to be able to edit them in prefab mode.
(11-02-2019, 08:48 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there,

Handles are added in the scene root, not below the actor's transform (since this does not make sense most of the time, the whole point of handles is they are independent of the actor's transform, you would simply use fixed particles otherwise). Because of this you'd need to do what you describe: create them in scene mode, add them to the prefab (apply) to be able to edit them in prefab mode.

In my opinion, it would be easier if it appeared below actor's transform. I have a pretty big scene, and sometimes it's frustrating to scroll down to get created handle or rope, and then drag all the way up, where it meant to be created.
Anyway, I thought it's a bug, but since it should be this way, ok then Sonrisa