Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Problem with Rope
Hello. I have a strange problem. Every time i enable the rope or start the scene with a rope created by me The rope itself swinging and strongly stretches in different directions for few seconds. After that it returns to its normal state and works as intended. What the problem could be?Thank you
(10-02-2019, 11:58 AM)redagrandrei Wrote: Hello. I have a strange problem. Every time i enable the rope or start the scene with a rope created by me The rope itself swinging and strongly stretches in different directions for few seconds. After that it returns to its normal state and works as intended. What the problem could be?Thank you

Hi there,

How exactly are you creating the rope? Are you instantiating a prefab, generating it procedurally, or is it already in the scene and you simply press play? Also, is there something attached to the rope via handles or pin constraints? The image attached to your post is not very clear.
(10-02-2019, 03:52 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there,

How exactly are you creating the rope? Are you instantiating a prefab, generating it procedurally, or is it already in the scene and you simply press play? Also, is there something attached to the rope via handles or pin constraints? The image attached to your post is not very clear.

Its not procedurally generated. It is just the rope already in the scene. There r things attached to the object(even if i disable them or removing the behaviour is the same) but the thing is that even if i take a obi rope from the Obi Examples scenes and put it in a new scene. Its starts to swing like that.
(10-02-2019, 08:26 PM)redagrandrei Wrote: Its not procedurally generated. It is just the rope already in the scene. There r things attached to the object(even if i disable them or removing the behaviour is the same) but the thing is that even if i take a obi rope from the Obi Examples scenes and put it in a new scene. Its starts to swing like that.

Hi,

I'm unable to reproduce anything like that. Can you show me a video of this behavior?
(10-02-2019, 08:34 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

I'm unable to reproduce anything like that. Can you show me a video of this behavior?

Hello
Here is the link to google drive 
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mWyUu4...G4C8lzF6A7
Im using Obi 4 in case of
(11-02-2019, 10:05 AM)redagrandrei Wrote: Hello
Here is the link to google drive 
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mWyUu4...G4C8lzF6A7
Im using Obi 4 in case of

Hi,

Are you using any custom scripts? I'm unable to reproduce anything remotely similar to this.
(11-02-2019, 10:11 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

Are you using any custom scripts? I'm unable to reproduce anything remotely similar to this.

Nope. Nothing is changing the rope behaviour from the script at the start. So i have no idea also why its so. Looks like something is giving force to the rope
(11-02-2019, 12:51 PM)redagrandrei Wrote: Nope. Nothing is changing the rope behaviour from the script at the start. So i have no idea also why its so. Looks like something is giving force to the rope

Hi,

Since we are unable tor reproduce this, I think the only way for us to be able to tell what's happening and why is taking a look at your project. If possible, send a repro project to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com