Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harder Softbody and Closer Contact
Pregunta 
I purchased the obi softbody and it's incredible.

2 Questions

In the DeformableBarrels scene:

1. How do I make the barrels collision contact closer? It looks like each one is floating or has an invisible shield around it.
When I stack them on top of each other the barrels are not touching. They are not touching the floor either.
I looked thru the documentation I saw distance fields but wasn't sure if that is what I should be creating/editing.

2. Is it possible to make the barrels softbodies harder so I can stack them and they not fall?
If so please explain how.

Thanks
(04-02-2019, 08:26 AM)StudioTatsu Wrote: I purchased the obi softbody and it's incredible.

2 Questions

In the DeformableBarrels scene:

1. How do I make the barrels collision contact closer? It looks like each one is floating or has an invisible shield around it.
When I stack them on top of each other the barrels are not touching. They are not touching the floor either.
I looked thru the documentation I saw distance fields but wasn't sure if that is what I should be creating/editing.

2. Is it possible to make the barrels softbodies harder so I can stack them and they not fall?
If so please explain how.

Thanks

1. There's several ways to accomplish this. Always use a ObiParticleRenderer on your objects to see the actual particles that make them. In the case of the barrels, the particles are probably a tad too big. You can increase the "shape smoothing" parameter and re-Initialize the soft body to get particles to "sink" a bit into the surface. Also allowing higher anisotropy works. And as a last resort, you can make the environment collider "thickness" negative (see:http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutorials/collisions.html).

Distance fields have nothing to do with this issue and using them won't help.

2. Increase the amount of solver substeps, or the amount of shape matching constraint iterations. Both increase the cost of the simulation, though. See: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...olver.html