Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intercollisions not fully working
I'm trying to disable two ObiRopes pass through each other. In this Intercollisions link I found that I have to make the two ropes share same solver and have different phases.
After creating this scenario the ropes collide, but if they intersect, after some time they pass through each other. I'm guessing that this is because of some forces like tearResistance. I tried increasing values for this array, making the rope thinner/thicker, but they still pass through each other.
Is there something specific I should look for?
(01-02-2019, 11:57 AM)tibor02 Wrote: I'm trying to disable two ObiRopes pass through each other. In this Intercollisions link I found that I have to make the two ropes share same solver and have different phases.
After creating this scenario the ropes collide, but if they intersect, after some time they pass through each other. I'm guessing that this is because of some forces like tearResistance. I tried increasing values for this array, making the rope thinner/thicker, but they still pass through each other.
Is there something specific I should look for?

Hi,

Add a ObiParticleRenderer to each rope to see why they're passing trough each other. Could be insufficient resolution, excessive stretching due to insufficient distance constraint iterations/low substep count.