Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about grabbing rope and swinging in VR
Hey guys, just had a quick question before I buy Obi Rope. I'm developing for Oculus Rift and read in another thread that rigidbodies must be non-kinematic to be affected by rope physics. The issue I'm worried about is that Oculus' camera rig (the "player") enables its rigidbody via script and is constantly updating the isKinematic field (turning it on when the headset is in motion and off when it's not). Is there any way around this other than digging into Oculus' code and changing the way they handle rigidbodies? Has anyone else here had success with using Obi Rope with the Oculus integration utilities? I saw that a user here created a VRTK interaction script, which is awesome, but I think they were developing for SteamVR and I'm not sure how their rigidbodies are set up for the SteamVR player object.

Thanks!!

EDIT: Upon further looking into it, it's actually the VRTK BodyPhysics script that adds the rigidbody and not Oculus' utilities. Looks like it's being toggled on line 690 for anyone that may run into the same issue.