Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Build errors with latest Unity
Hi,

With the current asset store version of Obi Rope, I get build errors. I created a new, empty project, imported Obi Rope, then opened the solution and did a build, and I get the following errors:

Code:
Error    CS0308    The non-generic type 'Queue' cannot be used with type arguments    Test    F:\Unit Projects\Test\Assets\Obi\Scripts\Actors\ObiBone.cs    104  
Error    CS0246    The type or namespace name 'Stopwatch' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    Test    F:\Unit Projects\Test\Assets\Obi\Scripts\Coroutines\CoroutineJob.cs    93   
Error    CS0006    Metadata file 'F:\Unit Projects\Test\Temp\UnityVS_bin\Debug\Assembly-CSharp.dll' could not be found    Test.Editor    F:\Unit Projects\Test\CSC    1    Active

Any tips on how to fix this?
(14-01-2019, 06:39 PM)Bluerex Wrote: Hi,

With the current asset store version of Obi Rope, I get build errors. I created a new, empty project, imported Obi Rope, then opened the solution and did a build, and I get the following errors:

Code:
Error    CS0308    The non-generic type 'Queue' cannot be used with type arguments    Test    F:\Unit Projects\Test\Assets\Obi\Scripts\Actors\ObiBone.cs    104  
Error    CS0246    The type or namespace name 'Stopwatch' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    Test    F:\Unit Projects\Test\Assets\Obi\Scripts\Coroutines\CoroutineJob.cs    93   
Error    CS0006    Metadata file 'F:\Unit Projects\Test\Temp\UnityVS_bin\Debug\Assembly-CSharp.dll' could not be found    Test.Editor    F:\Unit Projects\Test\CSC    1    Active

Any tips on how to fix this?

Hi,

Cannot reproduce this on Unity 5.6, 2017.4 or 2018.2.

Stopwatch is defined in System.Diagnostics; and CoroutineJob.cs includes it.
Queue<T> is defined in System.Collections; and ObiBone.cs includes it.

What is your target platform and project settings? (specially Scripting runtime and API compatibility level)
(14-01-2019, 07:29 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

Cannot reproduce this on Unity 5.6, 2017.4 or 2018.2.

Stopwatch is defined in System.Diagnostics; and CoroutineJob.cs includes it.
Queue<T> is defined in System.Collections; and ObiBone.cs includes it.

What is your target platform and project settings? (specially Scripting runtime and API compatibility level)

My unity version is 2018.3.02f (the latest).

My scripting runtime is .NET 4.x
My API compatability level was .NET 2.0, but I also tried .NET 4.X and it still didn't work.
(14-01-2019, 10:03 PM)Bluerex Wrote: My unity version is 2018.3.02f (the latest).

My scripting runtime is .NET 4.x
My API compatability level was .NET 2.0, but I also tried .NET 4.X and it still didn't work.

I'm using 2018.3.1f1 with no problems here.
Must be something else.

Btw 2018.3.02f is not the latest, it's a half year old beta. Guiño
(14-01-2019, 10:36 PM)ibbybn Wrote: I'm using 2018.3.1f1 with no problems here.
Must be something else.

Btw 2018.3.02f is not the latest, it's a half year old beta. Guiño

Maybe that's the issue then - I'll get the latest from the site. Thanks!

(14-01-2019, 10:43 PM)Bluerex Wrote: Maybe that's the issue then - I'll get the latest from the site. Thanks!

Just to update this thread - Updating unity didn't help, but updating Visual Studio 17 to 15.9.5 worked.