Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  simple rope setup problem (character Animation)
Hi 
Im pretty new to obi rope 
I just created this simple rope setup but i have some problems.
My character has a hammer in his hand and obi rope is connected from hammer to another asset on characters belt.
When i press play at particle editor ropes end stays exactly where i pinned them and sim works.

But when character starts running ropes end points are not moving with the hammer and the belt unit
rope moves with the character and i can see the simulation but end points of the rope looks pinned to a fixed 3d space not following the hammer animation or the characters belt

hammer has a rigidbody a box collider and obi collider
so does the belt unit
and end points of the rope pinned to these 2 assets

end points are fixed and handles are pinned to hammer obi collider and belts obi collider
clearly im doing something wrong.

Any pointers?

First picture is from particle editor
second picture is from running animation

Attached Files
.jpg   Capture 2.JPG (Size: 13.5 KB / Downloads: 17)
(08-01-2019, 04:09 PM)kyrann Wrote: Hi 
Im pretty new to obi rope 
I just created this simple rope setup but i have some problems.
My character has a hammer in his hand and obi rope is connected from hammer to another asset on characters belt.
When i press play at particle editor ropes end stays exactly where i pinned them and sim works.

But when character starts running ropes end points are not moving with the hammer and the belt unit
rope moves with the character and i can see the simulation but end points of the rope looks pinned to a fixed 3d space not following the hammer animation or the characters belt

hammer has a rigidbody a box collider and obi collider
so does the belt unit
and end points of the rope pinned to these 2 assets

end points are fixed and handles are pinned to hammer obi collider and belts obi collider
clearly im doing something wrong.

Any pointers?

First picture is from particle editor
second picture is from running animation

Hi,

There's no point in using pin constraints if you don't need two-way coupling (in the case of a character, you actually want to avoid it).

Make sure you've fixed the rope to the corresponding bones in your character's skeleton. (Ie, you've created handles at both ends of the character, and parented them to the hip bone and the hammer object respectively).
(09-01-2019, 09:53 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

There's no point in using pin constraints if you don't need two-way coupling (in the case of a character, you actually want to avoid it).

Make sure you've fixed the rope to the corresponding bones in your character's skeleton. (Ie, you've created handles at both ends of the character, and parented them to the hip bone and the hammer object respectively).

yep pin constraints was the problem 
it is working now thanx