Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Long load time
I am experience a long load time when obi rope is enabled. Whether it be when I load the scene with it already active or if I enable it after everything else is loaded in the scene. If I have obi rope disable the scene takes 2 seconds to load. However if obi rope is enabled scene takes 30sec-1min to load. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
(31-12-2018, 08:19 PM)Shroudthorn Wrote: I am experience a long load time when obi rope is enabled. Whether it be when I load the scene with it already active or if I enable it after everything else is loaded in the scene. If I have obi rope disable the scene takes 2 seconds to load. However if obi rope is enabled scene takes 30sec-1min to load. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Not sure if this might help, but have you tried to test if the issue is recreated in a new project, with only obi rope asset imported,  using a sample scene..just to be sure?
(31-12-2018, 08:19 PM)Shroudthorn Wrote: I am experience a long load time when obi rope is enabled. Whether it be when I load the scene with it already active or if I enable it after everything else is loaded in the scene. If I have obi rope disable the scene takes 2 seconds to load. However if obi rope is enabled scene takes 30sec-1min to load. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Ropes have literally zero loading time. Everything they need to perform the simulation is generated at editor time when you press "Initialize", nothing needs to be preprocessed, loaded or set up at runtime. So most likely the issue is elsewhere, I'd suggest profiling your application to see what's taking up so much time on startup.